PAY RANGE: $20 to $27 - DOQ
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
Interested candidates must complete and submit a UTOPIA application to Human Resources office prior to the closing date. Applications may be emailed to email@example.com, or by mail at 2175 South Redwood Road West Valley City, UT 84119.
UTOPIA provides a challenging and friendly work environment as well as an outstanding benefits package which includes: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, fully paid Utah State Retirement Plan and optional 457 Retirement Plan, paid vacation time, paid sick leave time, paid holidays, college tuition assistance, gym membership, and more.
The GIS Analyst will be responsible for the development and maintenance of UTOPIA’s Oracle geodatabase. The qualified individual will add new data, provide highly detailed maps, develop/integrate new processes and provide GIS assistance to all UTOPIA employees as needed. The GIS Analyst will also be the primary contact for GIS related questions for UTOPIA.
- Bachelors or equivalent work experience in GIS, geography, information systems or related field
- 4+ years experience working in GIS and the ArcGIS suite
- 1+ years experience working with telecommunications infrastructure – fiber optic infrastructure a plus
- 1+ years experience working with cadastre GIS data
- Some experience with AutoCAD
- Experience with Python and HTML programming, SQL scripting
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Office, Google Earth and database platforms (Oracle)
- Able to pass a pre-employment criminal back ground check and drug test
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Creativity to manage new and evolving projects
- Possess a valid Utah driver’s license and be insurable