Customer Service Representative
GENERAL PURPOSE: Answer inbound calls, email, and online chats to assist with general Customer Service inquiries, sales, billing, and Tier I troubleshooting for customer support issues. The Customer Support Representative will also be responsible for following up with customer issues for resolution.
SALARY: $12.50-$15.00 DOE plus Sales Commission
ESSENTIAL TASK FUNCTIONS:
- Answer incoming phones calls, email/chats, and respond to customer requests in a timely manner
- Qualify and place orders for customers
- Place outbound calls to generate sales
- Provide customers with product and service information
- Take payments over the phone and assist with online bill payments
- Place outbound calls for accounts that are past due
- Escalate calls to appropriate staff
- Assist the Network Operations Center staff in identifying issues and trends
- Perform other duties as directed
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a call center environment assisting with sales and service-oriented contacts. Experience supporting end-user computer issues is a plus.
- Computer literate with the ability to learn customer service software applications is required. Duties require professional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to type 30 wpm.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or equivalent.
SCHEDULE: Full Time, Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm.
PAY RATE & BENEFITS:
- Hourly Rate that is Negotiable, based on experience.
- Great Benefits package with Health, Dental, vision and other benefits offered.
This is a typical work environment office operation. Tasks require a variety of physical activities such as walking, standing, stooping, sitting, reaching, not generally involving muscular strain. Job functions normally require talking, hearing and seeing. Common eye, hand, finger dexterity required for most essential functions. Mental application utilizes memory for details, verbal instructions, emotional stability, discriminating thinking and creative problem solving.
The candidate also must be able to present him or herself in a manner that demonstrates respect, courtesy, professionalism, and kindness towards customer, partners and coworkers. They must have the ability to work independently and without direct supervision. The candidate must be able to express themselves effectively and in an organized and professional manner through written or verbal communications. The candidate must be able to develop and maintain effective working relationship with co-workers.
This work will require frequent exposure to computers, electronics and electrical devices, and high-stress situations or environments such as meeting strict deadlines and dealing with the public in confrontation or highly emotional situations. Position may require shift work and may require working unusually long and possible rotation hours that will likely include weekends and holidays. Also includes lifting computer equipment up to 50 pounds, reaching, bending, stooping, crawling, assuming uncomfortable positions, and sitting at a computer for extended periods of time.
SCREENING: Based on meeting the minimum requirement and job-related experience, skills, knowledge, and education. Selection for this position may be based largely upon an oral interview. Preference will be given to applications with Fiber to the Premise experience. Criminal background checks are conducted on all positions. Non-disclosure may result in dismissal.